Data protection statement
Data protection statement of WCL Reederei Agentur GmbH
We attach great importance to the protection of your data when you visit our website. In the following, we inform you which data is collected during your visit and how it is used. Furthermore, you will receive information about your rights with regard to the use of your data.
For security reasons, our website uses SSL/TLS encryption. You can recognise this by the small lock icon at the top left of your browser’s address bar. This encryption prevents third parties from intercepting data that you transmit to us. Our security measures are also continuously improved in line with technological developments.
- Data controller in the sense of data protection law
The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
WCL Reederei Agentur GmbH
40789 Monheim am Rhein
represented by the Managing Director Rainer Fischer
- What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that can be assigned specifically to your person. This includes details such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Data collection when visiting our website
(1) During a purely informative use of the website, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the page visit
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred
- Referring website
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
The aforementioned data is stored for security reasons (e.g. to clarify acts of abuse or fraud) for a maximum of 7 days and then deleted.
For the purpose of secure and efficient provision of our website, we use the services of a web hosting provider from whose server the website can be accessed. To this end, certain data, in particular the aforementioned data, is received from our hosting provider. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and linked to the browser you are using and which provide the party setting the cookie (in this case, us) with certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website as a whole more user-friendly and effective (legal basis is also Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR).
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Permanent cookies (see c).
- b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. The are primarily made up of session cookies. These store the session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to a particular session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies via the security settings of your browser at any time.
- d) Cookies that are not absolutely technically necessary for the operation of our website (such as those in connection with external media or statistics) are only used with your consent (which can be revoked at any time). The legal basis in this respect is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR. The only cookies that are used without your consent are those that are technically essential for the operation of our website (essential cookies). The legal basis in this case is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- e) You can revoke your consent by making the appropriate browser settings, e.g. by refusing to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that if you do this you may not be able to use all the functions of this website. In other respects, we refer you to section 9 of this data protection declaration regarding the revocation of your consent.
- Data collection when using the contact form or when contacting us by e-mail
(1) When you contact us via the contact form provided on our website or by e-mail, the data you provide (usually at least your name and e-mail address) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. If you wish to work towards the conclusion of a contract via your message, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR. Otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of the data provided by you is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(2) We delete the data collected in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal obligations to retain the data.
- Passing on of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes except for those listed below. We will only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in regard to the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is also legally permissible and required in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
- Google Maps integration
(1) On this website, we use the Google Maps service provided by Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly in the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
(2) When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under point 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you are logged in to a Google user account or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or designing its website to meet your needs. This kind of evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users on the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
(3) We use Google Maps on our website to present our online offerings in an appealing way and to ensure that our company is easier to find. The legal basis for the use of Google Maps is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offering that are stored on https://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. [These are all embedded in “enhanced data protection mode”, which means that no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data mentioned in paragraph 2 is only transmitted when you play the videos. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you are logged in to a YouTube user account or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or designing its website to meet your needs. This kind of evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users on the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) We use YouTube videos on our website to present our online offerings in an appealing and informative way. The legal basis for the use of YouTube videos is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the prompt correction of incorrect data or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another data manager;
- to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. This will mean that we may no longer continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future, and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
- Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this consent at any time. Revocation will affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data after you have given notice of revocation to us.
(2) To the extent that we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you. When exercising such an objection, we will ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event that your objection is justified, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your advertising objection using the contact details listed under point 1.
- Changes to the data protection statement
Due to the further development of our website or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access the current data protection declaration at any time on our website.